By Claude Cohen-Tannoudji
This worthwhile ebook offers papers written over the past forty years via Claude Cohen-Tannoudji and his collaborators on a variety of actual results which are saw on atoms interacting with electromagnetic fields. It includes a private collection of evaluate papers, lectures given at colleges, in addition to unique experimental and theoretical papers. Emphasis is put on actual mechanisms and on common methods (such because the dressed atom process) having quite a lot of functions. numerous subject matters are mentioned, equivalent to atoms in extreme laser fields, photon correlations, quantum jumps, radiative corrections, laser cooling and trapping, Bose-Einstein condensation. during this new version, approximately 200-page of recent fabric has been additional.
Read Online or Download Atoms in Electromagnetic Fields PDF
Best electricity and magnetism books
Reflecting the transforming into value of multi-mode transmission media in communications, radar, sensors, distant sensing, and plenty of different commercial purposes, this paintings offers analytic equipment for calculating the transmission records of microwave and optical parts with random imperfections. The emphasis here's on multi-mode waveguides, optical fibers, and directional couplers-described via the coupled line equations with random parameters-as good as multi-layer optical coatings used as home windows, mirrors, or filters.
In recent times, the most learn parts have been photonuclear reactions and meson productions through the use of the 1st high-duty tagged photon beam and the TAGX spectrometer. even if this box is constructing particularly quickly, the synchrotron was once closed in 1999 after 37 years of operation, and those actions proceed at new amenities.
Organic and clinical points of Electromagnetic Fields examines capability health and wellbeing risks, publicity criteria, and scientific functions of electromagnetic (EM) fields. the second one quantity within the bestselling and newly revised guide of organic results of Electromagnetic Fields, 3rd version , this e-book attracts from the newest stories at the results of publicity to electrical and magnetic fields.
- Magnetic Resonance in Food Science Challenges in a Changing World
- Magnetohydrodynamics and the Earth's Core: Selected Works by Paul Roberts (Fluid Mechanics of Astrophysics and Geophysics, V. 10)
- The Magnetic Dipole in Undulatory Mechanics
- Theory of the Muon Anomalous Magnetic Moment
Additional info for Atoms in Electromagnetic Fields
C. Parametric resonances. Parametric r e s onances can be used only if the eigenstates I a) are independent of Ho with energies aja varying linearly with Ho: ua(HB)= ^a(0)+got u)0 , (2. 18) ga is a real constant, OJ0= - yH0; coa(0) is^the energy in zero field. This occurs when H, is parallel to the fictitious fields H, or E,. The vapor is transversely pumped by Bz and the amplitude of Ho is modulated at a frequency O>/2TT, large compared to I" (o>» r"), by means of an rf field Hi coso,/ parallel to Ho.
I I B 3 ) the frequencies of the six different transitions between the Zeeman sublevels as a function of o>0. Here again the experimental points [Fig. 17(b)] fit exactly the theoretical curves (2b is adjusted to give the splitting in zero field). In high field, we find the same kind of diagram as 6 ' . in the previous case 1. 9) This part represents the action of a fictitious electric field gradient on the quadrupole moment of the F level. But we will show later that in some cases, it can also be interpreted as describing the secondorder Stark effect of a fictitious static electric field on the ground state. Apart from the c m . light shift, which we will ignore in the following, Ke is entirely determined by the eight coefficients c"' (F) and c™(F). n They can be computed explicitly as a function of the atomic and light-beam parameters as shown in Ref.
1. 9) This part represents the action of a fictitious electric field gradient on the quadrupole moment of the F level. But we will show later that in some cases, it can also be interpreted as describing the secondorder Stark effect of a fictitious static electric field on the ground state. Apart from the c m . light shift, which we will ignore in the following, Ke is entirely determined by the eight coefficients c"' (F) and c™(F). n They can be computed explicitly as a function of the atomic and light-beam parameters as shown in Ref.
- Download Utilizing Scalar Electromagnetics To Tap Vacuum Energy by Bearden PDF
- Download Magnetostatic principles in ferromagnetism by William F. Jr. Brown PDF